TruStar's Frequently Asked Questions
About TruStar Federal Credit Union
- Where is TruStar Federal Credit Union located and what are your hours?
- What is the email address for the credit union?
- What is the fax number for the credit union?
- How can I apply for membership at TruStar Federal Credit Union?
- Who can join TruStar Federal Credit Union?
- How do I sign up for direct deposit?
- How do I change my address on my account?
- Can my payroll be deposited directly into different accounts?
- How long is the hold on deposits into an ATM?
- Do I get charged an ATM fee by TruStar Federal Credit Union?
- Is there a charge to get an ATM card?
- Do you have a listing of MoneyPass ATMs I can use while travelling?
Certificates of Deposit Questions
Debit Card Questions
- How much am I charged for using my check card to make a purchase?
- What is a debit card? What is a check card?
- What is a chip card?
- Is a chip card different than a smart card or EMV card?
- Will my chip card still work at an ATM?
- Will chip cards allow others to track my location?
- Are chip cards safer to use than magnetic stripe cards?
- Why do TruStar's cards now include a chip?
- How does a chip card work?
- Now that I have a chip card, do I need to notify the bank before I travel internationally?
- When can I expect to receive a new debit or credit card with chip technology?
- Can I use my chip card for all the same things as my old card?
- Where can I use my chip card?
- Are chip cards secure?
- Is a chip card the same as a contactless payment (PayPass™, payWave™)?
- Do the same benefits come with my chip card that I had with my prior card?
- Are there any situations where I could experience issues using my chip card?
Financial Literacy Questions
- How can I establish good credit?
- I need help with my budget. What can I do?
- Is it a good idea to cosign a loan?
- Should I borrow money from my 401(k) for emergency cash?
- Should I buy or lease a car?
General Product and Service Questions
- Do you offer mobile banking?
- Does the credit union offer free bill payment?
- What is the routing number of the credit union?
Home Banking Questions
- How do I change my password in TruBank
- How do I change my Personal Image in TruBank?
- What if I forget my password?
- What do I do if I forget my Online Banking ID and password?
Loan and Credit Questions
- How often should I get a copy of my credit report?
- How can I get a copy of my credit report?
- Do you offer mortgages?
- How do credit unions differ from banks?
- Does the credit union have any open positions for employment?
- How can I change my address?
- Is my money that I have on deposit at TruStar insured?
- Can I view Mobile Deposit check images online?
- What is Mobile Deposit?
- Is Mobile Deposit available to all TruStar members?
- Can I deposit to any of my accounts with Mobile Deposit?
- Can I deposit any checks with Mobile Deposit?
- Is Mobile Deposit secure?
- Can my Mobile Deposit eligibility be revoked?
- Is Mobile Deposit available through Home Banking?
- Should I endorse the back of the check?
- How will I know that my deposit was accepted?
- When is my money available for use?
- I inadvertently selected the wrong account for the deposit. What should I do?
- What should I do with the check once it's been accepted?
- Why is my balance not reflecting my recent Mobile Deposit?
- Are there deposit limits with Mobile Deposit?
Roth IRA Questions
- What is a Roth IRA?
- Who can contribute to a Roth IRA?
- Will my Roth IRA affect the amount that I can contribute to my employer-sponsored retirement plan?
- Can I have both a traditional IRA and a Roth IRA?
- How much can I contribute to my Roth IRA?
- Will I earn interest on my money if I put it into a Roth IRA?
- What is “phishing”?
- What should I do if I think I’ve been a victim of identity theft?
- What is “vishing”?
Go to main navigation