Plan for the unexpected.
Even when you do all the right things and make all the right choices, the unexpected can still happen. Be prepared with a Health Savings Account.
Used in conjunction with a High-Deductible Health Plan (HDHP), a Health Savings Account (HSA) can be used to pay medical bills until your plan's deductible is met.
Features & Benefits:
- HSA contributions are tax deductible*
- Earn dividends
- Pay for qualified medical expenses tax free
- Carry balances over from year to year
- Easy access with an HSA MasterCard debit card
*Consult your tax professional regarding deductibility and tax requirements.
How do I know if I'm eligible to open and contribute to an HSA?
The following eligibility requirements must be met to qualify for this account:
- You are covered under a High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP)
- You do not have coverage under another non-high-deductible health plan (HDHP)
- You are not enrolled in Medicare Part A or B
- You are not eligible to be claimed as a dependent on another person's tax return
- Other restrictions may apply – speak with a Member Service Representative